Monday, November 11, 2013

Feelin' Stoked

In my new position at work I move up and down a lot. I’m literally getting paid to do squats all day long (well, squats and the work I’m doing while squatting). My legs are killing me. It hurts to even touch the tops of my thighs. It’s awesome!

When I got home I got sassy and cranked my treadmill up to a whopping 4 mph. I jogged until I felt like I was going to die from lack of oxygen. Fitspo assures me that my body isn’t giving out; my mind is, but I’m pretty sure my lungs gasping asthmatically were trying to tell me something.

Fitspo stick lady is incorrect.


It’s funny. I’ve got this total fitness mindset going now. I feel like I can conquer the world. It makes me forget that I’m still huge, completely out of shape, and need to take things slow.

I just hope this motivation lasts. As long as I stay pumped, I can do this. But when I have to rely on willpower, that’s when things go downhill. Real. Fast. A paperclip has more willpower than I do. I’m trying to build in safe guards, like routine, habit, vegan eating, meditation, and blogging, to keep me going even when motivation fails me. The problem is I haven’t been doing this long enough to have my routine feel like habit.

They say 21 days is all it takes to build a habit (I think they’re full of poo, but it sounds good at least). I’ve got a long way to go just to get to 21 days. But I’m going to make it. Then I’m going to make it to 42 days and beyond. A year from now I will be at least 80 pounds lighter.

2 comments:

  1. I love when I have those "kick ass" moments! But you are sooo right in your hesitation to rely on willpower alone. Trying to form those new habits is very tough but I think that is the best tool we have. Some days I just don't feel it but I go ahead and do it because that is my routine and somehow I make it through the rough patch. Not always but often. And often counts too! We sound a lot alike in our struggle. I wish you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often definitely counts! If you have more good days than bad it means you're heading somewhere. Thanks so much for the encouragement =)

    ReplyDelete