Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Engine 2 Diet

I just finished reading The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn. It’s all about a plant-based way of eating. The information is delivered in a concise, motivating way, with just enough scare tactics to make me cringe over what I’ve been eating. 

I haven’t eaten meat in 13-14 years, so that part I already have down. It’s dropping dairy that will be a challenge. I have tried multiple times to go vegan, but cheese and ice cream taste amazing. Hopefully thinking about how bad they are for me will make it easier to walk away.

Yeah, so that’s the plan. Go vegan. 

4 comments:

  1. The way I see it, if you like something you should allow yourself to live with it in moderation! But then again, I'm just not strong enough to cut out things that I really should. I try and enjoy them once in a while. Good luck with your new found dietary direction, I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in time I will be able to find substitutions I can live with, or at least I hope. Besides, I've really wanted to be strong enough to go vegan for years. I figure it's worth a shot. Thanks for the encouragement =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious, what makes you want to go vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a healthier way to eat, less saturated fat and cholesterol. Beyond that, chickens and dairy cows are kept in horrible conditions. It makes me feel bad to be part of that. The egg and dairy industry also wreak havoc on the environment. Basically, it's just something that feels right for me all the way around.

    ReplyDelete