Friday, November 29, 2013

Weigh In

I didn’t have time to write a post yesterday, but I did remember to step on the scales before I ate anything.

11/21/2013 - 235
11/28/2013 - 232.8

I did overeat some yesterday (Thanksgiving Day here in the US). It wasn’t a binge, I pushed my plate away before it was empty, and I said no to pumpkin pie, so all in all I feel pretty good about it. I even got a workout in.

I dialed back the intensity of my workouts a bit the past couple days. I was pushing myself a little too hard. Everyday I was dreading working out. It was getting harder and harder to make myself do it. I figured it was better to do less than push myself to a point of doing nothing. I did extend the length of my workout to compensate. And my husband gave me an early Christmas present, a weight machine. It’s so much fun. I’m using it every other day.

I’ve been eating mostly vegan. I’ve had some fat-free sour cream, and I don’t know how to get away from using light ranch dressing. I’m really picky about dressings. I don’t like the oil and/or vinegar ones. I also eat Morning Star Farms products. They’re vegetarian, but not vegan. They’re also obviously processed. I’d like to get away from relying on them, but they’re so convenient.

The thing that blows my mind is that I haven’t eaten cheese in three weeks. I’ve never met a cheese I didn’t like. I absolutely love it. I had it with every meal except, generally, breakfast. I thought going cheese-less would practically kill me, but aside from occasional cravings for cheese pizza, I don’t even miss it.

I’m pleased with my progress so far. I need to continue adding more fresh veggies to my diet. I’m not eating quite as many as I should. Besides that, I think I’m doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment